Introduction to the Quran School Course
Our course utilises child-centred Islamic studies textbooks, Quran reader, posters and monitoring/assessment tools. This Quran School Course consists of a comprehensive syllabus for Islamic studies, it comes complete with:
- A range of beautifully designed Islamic studies textbooks and workbooks
- An attractive Quran reader (Qaida) in three parts with workbooks
- A Tajweed book
- A book and set of posters for moral, social and spiritual development
- A Salah diary to encourage children to pray regularly
- An array of educational posters for the classroom
In order to monitor the progress of pupils we have a simple personal learning record for each child that tracks their progress, this can also be sent to parents.
The textbooks cover the following subjects:
1. Aqaid – Beliefs of a Muslim
2. Fiqh – Detailed rulings about worship and other aspects of daily life
3. Sirah – Biography of the blessed Prophet
4. Memorisation of Dua and Surahs – That are recited in the daily prayers
5. Morals – Training, which enables a person to be good and kind
6. Manners – Polite and courteous ways of dressing, speaking and eating
Through our 20 years of teaching experience we have put together a robust administration package, which includes; child protection policies, classroom rules, attendance registers, fees collection document etc.
The key to success of any Quran school is experienced, dedicated teachers and managers, we provide teacher training and support to deliver the best so children can learn in a caring environment.
The teacher’s handbook encourages teachers to use:
1. A variety of teaching styles that focus on rewarding children
2. Have high expectations of pupils so they are always motivated to learn
3. Good classroom management that develops discipline in children
The parent’s handbook provides clear guidance for how to be involved childrens education:
1. Teach children to love and obey Allah, build the sense of Allah–consciousness and to follow the beautiful Sunnah of the blessed Messenger (pbuh).
2. Encourage children to read the Glorious Quran with Tajweed
3. Nurture the moral values of kindness, patience, honesty, and generosity
4. Teach them to worship properly
This Curriculum aims to teach children key skills that will help them to become good Muslims, be able to read the Quran accurately, learn about their beliefs, manners, morals and the beautiful Sunnah’s of the blessed Prophet (pbuh).
They will learn the Fiqh of prayer, cleanliness, fasting, Zakah as well as memorise Arabic prayers.
This curriculum is a response to the need of teachers and children in the Quran School, enabling teachers to help their students explore their beliefs and attitudes that will shape their worldview. We believe that children should take responsibility for their personal hygiene, Wudhu, pray, be proud of being a Muslim, thus building their self-confidence and self-esteem, which is crucial for a healthy individual. The teachings of morals and manners will help children to build healthy relationships at home, at school and with their neighbours.
The best among you is the one who learns and teaches the Quran